One of my favourite hobbies is baking and cake decorating. I’m always baking treats such as cupcakes, muffins and brownies for my friends and family.
So, here is a photo story of how to bake amazing cupcakes!
115g/4oz butter, softened
115g/4oz caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
115g/4oz self-raising flour
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
225g/8oz butter, softened
1tbsp cream or milk
350g/12oz icing sugar
Food colouring of your choice
– Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Line a 12 hole bun tin with paper or silicon cupcake cases.
– Place the butter and the sugar in a large bowl and beat together until light
and fluffy, then beat in the vanilla extract.
– Gradually beat in the eggs.
– Sift in the flour and fold into the mixture.
– Spoon the mixture into the cases.
– Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until cakes are golden and
spring back when touched.
– Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
– To make the buttercream, place the butter and cream/milk in a bowl and
– Gradually sift in the icing sugar and beat until smooth.
– Then add in a cap of your chosen food colouring or until your desired
colour has been reached.
– Place the buttercream in a piping bag fitted with a small star nozzle and
pipe the buttercream on top of each cake.
– Then decorate with sweets or cake decorations of your choice.
I hope you enjoy baking your cupcakes!!